Degree Spotlight: Entertainment Business Master of Science
Published on May 26, 2022 by Bridgette Cude
The Entertainment Business master's degree at Full Sail University
The Entertainment Business master of science at Full Sail University teaches you how to become a creative leader behind the scenes of some of the most exciting industries on the planet. It draws on the university's deep tradition in the entertainment industry and applies tech and future-forward techniques that can help you stay ahead of the competition.
Entertainment Business Program Director Victoria Wasinger says, "Many of our graduates go on to specialize in marketing, media distribution, tour management, event planning, and more."
This degree program is for entrepreneurs as well as those looking for a career as a corporate employee, or consultant.
This fast-paced, 12-month degree is offered both on campus and online, and the first four weeks of the program are dedicated to developing important leadership skills. During this course, you'll also get familiar with the most effective ways to conduct research and how to demonstrate mastery of a subject.
The remaining 11 months of the program focus on different areas of the entertainment business industry, including:
- Advanced Entertainment Law: You'll explore topics like entertainment contracts and intellectual property and how they apply within the digital domain.
- Product & Artist Management: Learn the tools and strategies you need to manage an artist while navigating unique challenges in your chosen entertainment field.
- Digital Marketing: You'll create digital marketing plans and manage your own professional online presence using effective strategies for both online and offline channels.
- Entertainment Business Finance: Learn how to raise funding for an entertainment company or project, develop financial projections, and evaluate business opportunities.
- Business Plan Development: Use your research to develop your own formal business plan while receiving feedback from your instructors and peers on the its viability for the entertainment industry.
Full Sail is a hands-on, learn-by-doing university. So our curriculum puts a heavy emphasis on projects and creating your own solutions. This is your opportunity to explore an area of the industry you're passionate about and to develop your digital portfolio.
Students in the Entertainment Business graduate program will create a comprehensive website that demonstrates their personal brand, communication skills, and career aspirations.
"This resource will make you more marketable to potential employers and clients by demonstrating your advanced knowledge, leadership skills, and industry experience," says Victoria.
You may choose to specialize in a certain area of entertainment business or expand your personal brand to be more generalized.
Victoria says, "By the time you've successfully completed your Entertainment Business master's degree, you will be prepared to take on all different types of business endeavors, such as managing a production or recording studio, planning and marketing a music festival, or producing a game, film, or television show."
- Game Business & Esports
- Career Development
- Audio Production
- Career Networking Events
- Financial Aid
- Game Design
- Simulation & Visualization
- Digital Marketing
- Entertainment Business
- New Media Journalism
- Media Design
- For Parents
- Film Production