How-To Video Tutorials for Making Fake Blood, Prosthetic Makeup, and More
Published on Oct 8, 2013 by Amy Cassell
This October, we’re celebrating “Horror Month” on the Full Sail Blog. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for a series of features and interviews celebrating the best in horror entertainment.
Whether you’re filming your own low-budget horror flick or you just want to wear a really awesome costume for Halloween this year, we’re here to help. Over the past year, our YouTube team has produced some pretty great how-to tutorials for perfecting your horror-themed look.
- Learn how to make fake blood with Makeup for Motion Pictures Lab Specialist Jared Williams, who shares three different recipes in this video: realistic blood, thick blood, and zombie blood.
- Want to create a realistic-looking fake scar or wound? Jared’s two-part series teaches you how to first build then prosthetic mold, then how to attach it to your (or your actor’s) face.
- And finally, this last two-part tutorial series teaches you how to make a homemade air squib, which you can use to create blood special effects that will surprise (or creep out) your friends.
- Digital Cinematography
- Game Art
- Instructional Design & Technology
- Media & Communications
- Art & Design
- Show Production
- Degree Info
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Sports Marketing & Media
- Student Life
- Recording Arts
- Simulation & Visualization
- Sports Management
- Alumni Updates
- Information Technology
- Mobile Gaming
Full Sail UniversityRequest Info